[Typo3] How to copy a Typo3 project from one server to another

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 15:31:50 CET 2005

> I have a typo3 project running locally on my computer and wants to move
> it to my webserver. Is this a matter of copying folders and files or is
> it more complicated than that? Is there a guide/tutorial to this
> somewhere?

1) Check the the remote server has a bare TYPO3 installation running
smoothly and set up about the same as your local installation.
2) On your local machine cd to typo3conf
3) mysqldump the database into this folder
4) cd ../ and tar.gz the contents of your local /webroot folder
5) take an extra copy of the .htaccess and localconf.php files
6) upload the tar.gz and untar
7) visit the install tool check the settings and import the mysqldump file
(it will be listed)
8) match your webserver .htaccess file and your local one to look for
differences
9) do the same with your localconf.php files
10) enter TYPO3 BE on your webserver and reload all your extensions.
11) Clear caches

Job done.

Enjoy!
Matthew

PS Did I remember to add the teabag before the hot water?
;-)