[Typo3] I need help doing an if-then statement

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 11 02:11:10 CET 2005

> I keep my TS in the root document of my site. I define a constant in
> an extension template further down the tree. In the TS for the root
> document, I define what to do with that constant. But I want to do
> one thing if the constant is defined, and another thing if it is not.
> In English:
>
>  if constant called title-extension has a value
>  then subpart.TITLE_EXT.value = {$title-extension}
>  if constant called title-extension does not have a value
>  then subpart.TITLE_EXT.value = Googly-moogly

Ever thought of defining the constant twice?

In the TS of your rootpage:

CONSTANTS
title-extension = Googly-moogly

SETUP
subpart.TITLE_EXT.value = {$title-extension}

In the TS of your extension template:

CONSTANTS
title-extension = Whatever

This way you don't need any statement at all ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau