[Typo3] I need help doing an if-then statement

Danny Novo rdn31048 at creighton.edu
Thu Nov 10 18:17:26 CET 2005

Hello all,

I have read all the pdfs (not all the way through), I have the book, I have
trolled the netfielders archives, and yet nobody explains how to do a simple
if then statement in TS. Can anyone help me? Here is my problem:

I keep my TS in the root document of my site. I define a constant in an
extension template further down the tree. In the TS for the root document, I
define what to do with that constant. But I want to do one thing if the
constant is defined, and another thing if it is not. In English:

 if constant called title-extension has a value
 then subpart.TITLE_EXT.value = {$title-extension}
 if constant called title-extension does not have a value
 then subpart.TITLE_EXT.value = Googly-moogly

I have tried and tried and tried to finagle if.isTrue to do this, but I can
find no helpful examples of how the syntax should be, and no instructions on
how to use the syntax.

Please? Anyone?

Thanks,

Danny.

--
Danny Novo
Instructional Designer and Media Technologist (whew!)

402.280.3358
dnovo at creighton.edu
L43 Reinert Library

Division of Information Technology
Creighton University
2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE, 68178

--
"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult. Bring a good book, and
snacks."