[Typo3] [Typo3-dev] zap the gremlins: project report and call for donations

Dominic Brander dominic at typo3.org
Thu Nov 3 16:23:17 CET 2005

dear TYPO3 enthusiasts!
as the "zap the gremlins"-project has fairly advanced I'd like to inform
you about its current status and the further planned actions.

I am very happy that the project did not only start in time but also the
main tasks like collecting the gremlins and fixing them have been
conducted in an incredible speed. This is mainly due to the "fabulous
four" - a team which showed personal engagement and professionality.
the "fabulous four" team consists of the following persons [1]:
Bernhard Kraft, Sebastian Kurfürst, Valentin Schmid, Michael Stucki

the whole project wouldn't have been carried out without the support
(financial and logistics) of the following companies and institutions:
- IC Surselva [2] not only allocated their facilites for part of the
work but also "donated" Valentins time and skills for programming.
- the TYPO3 association financially supported the project with 5'000 Euros.
- snowflake productions allocated facilities, managed the whole project
and took the financial patronage to cover all expenses.

currently the main zapping phase has ended and core developers are
cross-checking the patches. this last phase will take another few weeks
but we are sure that all the developed improvements will be available in
the next TYPO3 version!
taking about improvements: a list of all added features and done changes
can be found here [3]. I'm already looking forward to see all these cool
new features in action    ;-)

the project is not over yet: patches must get cross-checked and
implemented, reports and a press release must get written and some more
minor tasks have to be done...
at the moment all the involved persons have spent more than 350 hours
for this project. the association pays a part of these hours as stated
above, but there is still a lot of unpaied work...

if you think the work done by this group is valuable for your agency,
your daily work (or whatever), *please express your gratitude with a
donation!*.
please get in touch with me if you want to support this project!

have a nice day and many thanks for your financial grant!

dominic

[1] http://association.typo3.org/index.php?id=105
[2] http://www.icsurselva.ch/ (german only)
[3] http://www.snowflake.ch/index.php?id=1826