[Typo3] Paste As Text in RTE htmlarea

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:42:51 CET 2005

Hi,

On 02/11/05, Rudy Gnodde <gnodde.rudy at wag.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're running into the same problems.
>
> Right now I usually paste the text in a simple text editor (like
> notepad) and copy it again from there so the format is gone, or I use
> the "edit HTML" button in htmlArea and paste it in there. But those
> aren't clean solutions.

OT:
Rudy, could you please get rid of that insanely lengthy signature?
It's 2.13k BY ITSELF (i.e. without counting the message it's attached
to...) Multiply 2.13k by the number of recipients of your messages on
the list and you're wasting a LOT of bandwidth with every message you
send.

It'd also be nice if you'd delete the parts of previous messages that
you're not replying to directly.

On-topic:
It's useful to see if your clients can integrate the web content into
their workflow at an earlier stage -- sometimes, there's no particular
reason why they need to create content in Word (or other programs)
_before_ they put the content up on the website.

If that's not practical, and they _must_ create paper documents first,
a low-tech solution is for the client to save the document as .txt and
copy directly from there. They still need to format the contents, but
it's still easier than cleaning out the MS Word cruft.

If that is also not practical, then perhaps one of these would work:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/rlmp_officedocuments/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/rlmp_officeimport/

-Christopher