[Typo3] set local language string per page

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:59:15 CET 2005

Jochen.

> what do you mean by "TS Setup" on the page... the page TS Config or the
> setup field of an ext template that you created!?

I actually mean the TS Config you can set on each page.

> I would set a constant in the constants field that will overwrite the
> root value on the other pages.
>
> Constants:
>
> this.is.my.constant = my wonderful value
>
> Setup:
>
> page.20 = TEXT
> page.20.value = {$this.is.my.constant}
>
> If the string is at the same place on every page, then it would be
> enough to put the code for the setup into your root page. Also the init
> value for your constant. And then just overwrite the constant on any
> page you want.

Hm, can you clarify please? If I want to change the title of a language
string, namely the gotoArchive one for tt_news, would I still do it like
that? I guess I forgot to mention that it's for the tt_news extension.

Right now I added some new strings to the extension php file and made new
markers for the template. This won't work anymore as soon as I update
though. So I made a 'goToNews' marker, a 'goToBlog' marker, etc. I was
just looking for an easier way to change those things on a per page, or
even better, per new plugin content element (since I have two on one page,
each with different link title for the archive)

> Hope, that's what you were lookin for...

Hope this makes sense :)
Thanks Jochen!