[Typo3] date as label-field shows seconds sinds epoch instead of formatted date

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:00:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/30/05, Pieter Jelle <pieter.jelle at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> An extension I've written myself for a theatre uses a date record to
> represent the playing dates of a certain show, and these date records
> are linked to a show record. However, I use the date field (which is the
> only field for this record) as the label field for the backend, but in
> the backend these records are listed as seconds since the epoch (which
> is the way the record is stored in the database) instead of a formatted
> date. See http://statik.be/misc/shows.gif for an example.
>
> For the people using the backend of course this is rather confusing, and
> I would like a formatted date to be shown, and have been looking in the
> Typo3 source to change this myself but couldn't find a way to do this.
> Can anyone suggest where and what to change to get this to show
> correctly or has anyone got another idea? Thanks in advance!
>
> (I have searched the archives and found this problem being mentioned,
> but no solution.)

I think what you need is the API doc [1]. See 'eval' and 'checkbox' in
part 4.2.5 ['columns'][fieldname]['config'] / TYPE: "input" of the TCA
section [2].

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/columns_fieldnam-1/