[Typo3] date as label-field shows seconds sinds epoch instead of formatted date

Pieter Jelle pieter.jelle at invalid.invalid
Tue May 31 00:09:34 CEST 2005

Hello all

An extension I've written myself for a theatre uses a date record to
represent the playing dates of a certain show, and these date records
are linked to a show record. However, I use the date field (which is the
only field for this record) as the label field for the backend, but in
the backend these records are listed as seconds since the epoch (which
is the way the record is stored in the database) instead of a formatted
date. See http://statik.be/misc/shows.gif for an example.

For the people using the backend of course this is rather confusing, and
I would like a formatted date to be shown, and have been looking in the
Typo3 source to change this myself but couldn't find a way to do this.
Can anyone suggest where and what to change to get this to show
correctly or has anyone got another idea? Thanks in advance!

(I have searched the archives and found this problem being mentioned,
but no solution.)

PJ