[Typo3] Is my experience unique ?

michael karatepla at yahoo.fr
Mon May 30 22:35:00 CEST 2005

Hi list

I'm sorry to ask this question, but because nobody answer me I am really
wondering if I'm missing or forgetting something but the dmail extension
is just not working for me when I try to send html mail. All the
extension is great and really well designed but the resulting html mail
is really illegible when it drops in thunderbird or outlook.

Because I became more and more unsure about my setting I download and
install the testsite package with the dmail extension already
configured. But the result is not better through.Whether  I send an
external email  or an internal page the result is really illegible for
an html format.

I must say that I make those tests in windows XP, but I don't see why it
should make a difference on this point.

So before diving in the source code I just want to know if people here
have managed to send proper html mail, I don't expect long explaination,
but just hearing from them that mass send in html format work fine for them.

Or eventually people who had the same infortunate experience than mine (
I'm really wondering if I'm completly nut, nobody seem to speak about
that problem ).

Anyway I think I'm going to see what's going on in
typo3/ext/direct_mail/mod/class.mod_web_dmail.php and trying to change
the code to send the mail in a way I'm used to do.

Thank you very much if you read me until there, I 'm looking forward for
your answers.

Michael.