[Typo3] Problems with ImageMagick

Jochen Weiland typo3lists at jweiland.net
Mon May 23 08:21:51 CEST 2005

racco schrieb:
> changed all to 755
>
>>- is there a bin directory under Your ImageMagick directory, if so that's
>>your path.
>
> there is now, my new path is: [...]/imagemagick/bin

> changed ImageMagick to imagemagick
>

> In install tool in backend I put path to imagemagick but it still says that:
>
>  It seems that there is no adequate ImageMagick installation available at
> the checked locations (, /usr/X11R6/bin/, /usr/bin/, /usr/local/bin/)
> An 'adequate' installation for requires 'convert', 'combine'/'composite' and
> 'identify' to be available
>
> Of course in my /imagemagick/bin directory there are convert, combine etc.

The message from the install tool tells you, where it is checking for an
IM installation. Your imagemagick-path is not listed there, so it
appears that you entered it incorrect. Remember to put the trailing / at
the end of the path.
Also, the install tool is a little bit tricky on IM installs,
especially, if the IM path is not set right at the beginning of the
install process.
When you enter the correct path on page 1 of the install tool and it
finds your IM installation, it will display the found commands and
version. You then have to press "Update configuration" again, otherwise
the found settings won't be stored.
You can also enter the path directly in the typo3conf/localconf.php file

If you have shell access to the server (ssh) you may want to try out the
IM commands directly from the shell. Change to your IM folder and
execute "convert" for example. It either comes up with a list of options
-or- gives you an error message with some clues what might be wrong with
your installation.

Jochen Weiland