[Typo3] Print version

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat May 21 20:56:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/20/05, racco <raczek at open.infi.pl> wrote:
> b) Using javascript to change the 'href' attribute of all the links in the
> page:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> function turnOffLinks() {
> alert('I am being called!');
> var linkCollection = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
>
> for (var i = 0; i < linkCollection.length; i++) {
>   linkCollection[i].href = '#';
> }
> }
> </script>
>

> ------
>
> How should I launch this script? Because putting this in code gives nothing.
> I do not have a knowledge about JavaScript, sorry :)

Well, in your TS template for the PRINTABLE pages, you'll need
somthing like this:

page.bodyTag = <body onload="turnOffLInks();">

...and by the way: I threw that little script together from another
thing I was playing around with; apparently I left a totally
unnecessary 'alert('...);' in it. It should be like this:

 <script type="text/javascript">
 function turnOffLinks() {

// Make a list of all the <a> elements in the current document:
 var linkCollection = document.getElementsByTagName('a');

// Loop through the entire list of <a> elements collected by the
previous statement:
   for (var i = 0; i < linkCollection.length; i++) {
     // With each <a> element, set the 'href' attribute to "#":
     linkCollection[i].href = '#';
   }
 }
 </script>

Be sure not to put the TS above into your REGULAR page object, or none
of your links will work :-)

Incidentally, you could also use the javascript DOM to strip the <a>
tags out altogether, I just opted for the quick and dirty solution. If
you want to look into that, do a Google search for something like
javascript + DOM + "change document structure"...

-Christopher