[Typo3] Direct Mail sendmail limit

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Thu May 12 04:24:51 CEST 2005

I've been testing a new newsletter and began sending it to a group
of 6500 that was imported from Mailman. I experience first hand
something Marlies mentioned in her tutorial--multiple visits to
the Mail Engine. I am able to send only 50 messages at a time. In
addition, nearly every time I get a server error (The server
encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
to complete your request.). The Web log mentions the dead.letter
file that my Free BSD host uses.

The Web log reports:

[Wed May 11 22:20:59 2005] [error] [client 216.80.31.80] malformed
header from script. Bad header=/mmm1515/web/gre595/dead.lette:
/u/httpd/cgi-bin/php4.cgi.

Two questions. Is the limit 50 per try? Is the error part of the
extension or part of my host? What do you think?

Mark