[Typo3] Strategy for page templates... help needed.

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 8 15:45:24 CEST 2005

Tyler Kraft wrote:
> NO REALLY AMIR - THANK YOU!!!   ;-)
>
> genius, brilliant, great, superb...
>
> This is ultimately what I have been trying to get through to you,
> sometimes very bluntly.  The direction I pointed you in was the TSob,
> which you tried to find out yourself and then asked a researched
> question about! A question that you asked and got a very good answer
> from, but at the cost of some time invested by yourself. Christopher's
> answer is right on the money but you only got that because we knew what
> you were struggling with and knew here you had already looked.  I know
> that all the documentation is scattered and disorganised but really
> tsref is the key to almost the whole thing - it holds all the details
> about the key TS properties and will become very useful.
>
> All you have to do, to me at least (I hesitate to us all), is prove that
> you looked for an answer and help us to know what your getting hung up
> on and we'll help if we can. And I think most people here feel the same.
>
> As for your brain... take a day off, cause trying to wrap your mind
> around T3 at the beginning tends to hurt often. ;-)
>
> So problem solved for now.  Like Matthi said - cool.
>
> Cheers
>
> btw not as a critisim but as a helpful informant, you still have some
> layout issues with your css (they vary for all the different browsers -
> IE, opera, netscape, Firefox, IEmac)  On safari and firefox on mac it
> looks great!  If you solve your css problems I think you'll find you've
> got a nice looking site. hth

Gotcha. ;)

About the CSS... for some reason the CSS got screwy in IE only AFTER I
put it in Templavoila/Typo3 because the HTML template looks perfectly
fine in all browsers.  Not sure, I plan to look into that later.  Thanks
for reinforcing the issue :).

Thank you to anyone who helped.  Let this thread RIP now.