[Typo3] TMENU listing rootlevel pages only

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 1 23:33:33 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:
>>Now that you guys know that... what should I do next?
>

> Next you should stop doing things you don't know good enough.
> Then you should start reading to get better knowledge.
> Then you should try to start understanding that it's not the job of this
> list to get _your_ website up and running.
> After doing these things you might come back to ask specific questions that
> should show us, you did.
>

>>Michael mentioned to use Special directory, or static links, but can
>>you guys be a bit more specific?
>>
>>PS:  Sorry if I sounded like I was screaming, I was/still am, very
>>frustrated and a bit agitated, I have been working on this for around
>>5 hours and I got nothing.  I hope we can find a solution once and for
>>all...
>

> Well - 5 hours is not very much time. If you had spent this time with the
> three things I mentioned above, maybe you would have found out though, how
> it could be working for you.
>
> Have a good night ... sleep over it ... and then "rethink" it again.
>
> Joey

My question was just like any other.  Could a HMENU link outside the
root page.  If so, how.  Thats all.  I read futuristic template building
already.. I guess it's decieving because it makes you think that in
order to use TemplaVoila thats all you have to read.  But I guess thats
not the case.  Therefore I am in a narrow time gap.  In two days I have
been able to accomplish what I have now but.  I am learning as I go.

It makes no sense to read those two 100+ page long documents only to
forget half of it the next day, and if I take more then a day to read it
I am losing valuable time to make the site (I need to finish it by the
18th).  But I am sure you dont care about it, nor should you.

All I ask is for a simple question to be answered.

Now you guys are making me rethink my reasons for using Typo3 at all.  I
spent days, and a week learning it, now it seems I have to master the
whole Typoscript language in order to do anything...