[Typo3] Help on one-tree multi language site

Joshua Preston jpreston at americatab.com
Sun May 1 21:42:24 CEST 2005

Jane,

The biggest problem I've had when setting up one-tree multilanguage
sites was in the template setup part.

First, you have to create the languages for the website, and then modify
your template setup.  Mine, English, Spanish and Russian, looks like:

# Template Setup Start

#setup the default language in case of bad L variable
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en
config.linkVars = L

# Spanish language, sys_language.uid = 2
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config.sys_language_uid = 2
config.language = es
[global]

# Russian language, sys_language.uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = ru
[global]

# English language, sys_language.uid = 0
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en
[global]