[Typo3] Extension Kickstarter 'Order By'

Tim Boesenkool tim at boesenkool.com
Wed Mar 30 22:27:57 CEST 2005

Hey List

I have created some extensions using the kickstarter. But I'm having
troubles getting the Order by column to work properly on a simple string
input (xx/xx/xx). I can get the sort to work when the header is clicked.
However on initial launch the column I want to Order by doesn't order.

In my ext_tables.php I have

                        "default_sortby" => "ORDER BY eta DESC",

Is there something in my ._pi1.php that I need to alter?

// Initializing the query parameters:

list($this->internal["orderBy"],$this->internal["descFlag"]) =
explode(":",$this->piVars["sort"]);

Am I close? I could use a hint. Anything that I may be missing?

Thanks

Tim Boesenkool