[Typo3] Default border column

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Mar 30 11:41:42 CEST 2005

Hi!

I am trying to have a site with a "default border column", which should
be shown on every page that has no content elements in its own border
column.

This "default border column" should be editable like a normal page, so I
created a new page of type "not in menu". In its page-TS I set it only
to allow editting the border column (mod.SHARED.colPos_list = 3).

Ok, now comes my problem, the TS-part for the site. The
###RIGHTBORDER### subpart is where I want the border to appear in my
template. This is what I've got so far:

page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10 {

  subparts.RIGHTBORDER = COA
  subparts.RIGHTBORDER {
    # Border from the current page, if there is one
    10 < styles.content.getBorder
    10.if.isTrue.numRows < styles.content.getBorder

    # Default right border, if there is no border in the current page
    20 < styles.content.getBorder
    20.select.pidInList = 21
    20.if.isFalse.numRows < styles.content.getBorder

    # to debug the if part:
    30 = TEXT
    30.value = <p>Does it work?</p>
    30.if.isFalse.numRows < styles.content.getBorder
  }
}

Being "21" the uid of the page where I have placed the default border
column content.

But somehow this content ("20.") is *always* shown, as if the
"if.isFalse" isn't doing anything at all. Strange enough, the "if"
statement seems to be write. The "30." part is not shown, as expected.

Does someone has a clue what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Ernesto Baschny