[Typo3] US Date

Amy Stinson tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Mon Mar 28 02:39:49 CEST 2005

On 27 Mar 2005 at 11:37, Daniel Rahenkamp wrote:

> that I can't get my arms around enough to understand how to set this
> to the US format.

Daniel,

You can't format it there (referring to your jpg).  That place just determines whether it's
visible or not.

Almost every extension has 2 files, both ending with .txt which can be access through
the extension manager.  You have to select available extensions.  Once that list has
populated, then you select the actual extension (they are hyperlinked).  From there, on
the upper right hand corner you have a drop down box that defaults to information.
There is also an option to "edit files".  Select that and you will see all the file list and a
link to each file to "edit file".  Now if you edit "**setup.txt" you will see something along
the lines of this:

date_stdWrap.strftime= %e-%m-%y

THAT is where Typo3 is getting it's information about the date format.

Change it to:

date_stdWrap.strftime= %m-%e-%y
and every other instance of a date format and save it.

I agree that it would be nice if it was a one place only thing, but it's not.  Let's hope and
pray it becomes standardized.

Amy

Amy Stinson
Amy's Answers, LLC