[Typo3] New Plugin: How to insert a selector box in the BE

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 21:22:16 CEST 2005

Hi there,

--- Mischa Koning <t3 at xoning.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have successfully written my own extension (a front-end plugin in PHP,
> using the kickstarter) and need now to have a function like in tt_news,
> where the admin can make the selection LIST, LATEST, AMENU etcetera.
>
> The content element type with LIST should go in the main culumn of the
> page,
> the second in the border column.
>
> Everything has been prepared but the only thing I can't work out is the
> selector box in the backend.
> Maybe another option is to use a TSconfig field but it's also not clear
> how
> to get that in the BE?
>
> I assume the selector box will then create a config-var that you can have
> access to with $this->conf["variable."], right? At least that's what
> tt_news
> seems to use.
>
> Could anyone direct me in the right direction?

Yes :) First there the video tutorials - search this page:

http://typo3.org/documentation/videos/wmv-format/

...for the phrase 'Frontend Plugin Development'. There are 11 videos about
how to build frontend plugins.

Secondly, there's the API documentation:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/

[At least part of] your specific question is answered in section 4.2.9, but
IMO it's probably just as well to use the kickstarter to build the BE
interface elements.

-Christopher