[Typo3] Direct mail links not working?!

Matteo Anceschi manceschi at arscolor.com
Fri Mar 25 09:42:20 CET 2005

Hi Xander,

Xander Damen ha scritto:

> It are real links to newsitems so the url contains quite a lot of &'s. The
> url in the mail contains a jumpurl so typo3 needs to handle that link and
> send a redirect. But when it has sent the header-redirect the url contains
> & in stead of & so tt_news is unable to present the proper newsitem,
> since it does not recognise the newsid.
>
> I can create working links by using the dmail url fix extension, but I don't
> want to use that, because I want the number of clicks to be counted.

In typo.ug.italy, we notice a "related" problem with square brackets in
url using directmail: after a closing square bracket the URL is not more
"highlighted as an url", so when a user click on a confirmation url, of
course it's a problem.

A italian user find this solution:
" viewing documentation from da_newsletter_subscription.
I think you will have to write in template setup:

config.notification_email_urlmode  = all "

Now I've another question for the list: for the sqare brackets problem,
is this the right way to handle this?

hth and thanks in advance,
Matteo