[Typo3] Website Very Slow in IE but fast in Firefox

Albert van der Veen albert at jipscompany.com
Thu Mar 17 18:58:04 CET 2005

Hello Sandy,

These non SGML characters are just charactercodes outside of the HTML
charset (see http://psacake.com/web/0302-b.asp for info) in this case (146)
it's a 'right single quotation mark', and should be inserted as code
’  - or just use '

quote:

"All the CP1252 characters are also available in Unicode. For example the
CP1252 character 146 that you mentioned (RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK) has
the Unicode number 8217, therefore you should use this number in order to
conform to the HTML standard. Modern HTML browsers like Netscape 4.0
understand Unicode, and will automatically convert the Unicode character '
back into the character 146 on MS-Windows machines, and into the
appropriate character on other systems. "

greetz,
Albert van der Veen