[Typo3] Qmail

Tue Mar 15 20:27:54 CET 2005

"Bert Bouwer" <bbouwer at docuhouse.com> writes:

> Can you explain to me what a symlink is and how I can configure it in
> Typo3?

Symlinks - or symbolic links - aren't a concept of TYPO3 but of Unix
file systems. Also, the sendmail compatibility is a feature of qmail,
not TYPO3.

So you really want to contact your system administrator to make the
qmail installation on your server compatible with sendmail.

In case you are that system administrator, consult the documentation
of qmail, specifically the documents INSTALL or UPGRADE to answer your
initial question. And to answer the questions you seem to have, get a
decent book about Unix and/or Linux, such as one of this list:
<http://linux.oreilly.com/>. A concise list:
  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lunix5/
  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxckbk/
  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxnut4/
  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linag3/
  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/qmail/

And this post is intended to be the last one of this thread. Contact
the qmail mailing list if you have any more questions about this
topic.

Patrice

--
the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation
through faith in Christ Jesus.                    (2 Timothy 3:15)