[Typo3] AWStats in Tools?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 15 18:03:35 CET 2005

Hi all,

Today I had the problem of defining rights for some people at my
client's and not being able to give them access to AWStats, because it
sits in Tools and only admin users can access Tools.

Searching the archive, I found the following workaround:

thread/7765/

which is fine.

But I have to wonder whether Tools is really the right place for an
extension such as AWStats? Also the above patch is not ideal, since
AWStats is displayed alongside the page tree, which is useless in this
case.

What is the reason for having AWStats in Tools? Could it be placed
somewhere else if enough people feel the same way? What section would
then be more appropriate? Maybe a new one?

Thanks for sharing your toughts.

François Suter
Directeur technique