[Typo3] DirectMail and response-tracking

"Rafael Schär [beYou media]" typo3 at goldkueste.ch
Mon Mar 14 18:42:02 CET 2005

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to know whether one of you has done something on
> response-tracking of newsletters, generated by DirectMail?
>
> I would like to track at least 2 aspects:
>
> *) Who (=subscriber) opens the news-letter when it arrives at their
> mailer and who not? Or at least, how many subcribers open their
> newsletter and how many do not?
>
> *) Stats on URLs mentioned in the newsletter and referring to the
> TYPO3-website (where the newsletter was sent from)?
>
> Thanks in advance for any nice ideas/experience!
>
> grt,
> -brt

Hi

What functions really good is the linking and subscribe/unsubscribe thing.
Linkz are counted, and you can insert a direct link to administrate the
clients newsletter-account (also for unsubscribe)

there is a newsletter tracking as well but it is based on HTML mails and
gif postloading, which in most of the actual Email Client is disabled
and you don't see those mails in your statistics.

The return of refused Email (newsletters) is not managed or imho not
documented.

Take a look into the manual for more details.

greetinx

Rafael