[Typo3] Rotate display of content elements

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Wed Mar 9 21:22:48 CET 2005

Sandy Matheson wrote:
> I have a page with about 12 individual text content elements on it and
> would like to be able to rotate them so that each appears for a week
> and then is replaced by the next.
>
> I am aware of the Start and Stop dates, but this means going through
> the list every 12 weeks and resetting all the dates. It also makes it
> very difficult if I want to put a new one in the middle of the list.
>
> Is there a better way of achieving this?

Have a look at the extension "ck_forune", it might be sufficient for
your purposes.

For me it's not. I would need exactly the same thing, but haven't found
anything yet.
However, I think this could be possible with an extension to tt_news,
since most of the desired needs (archiving, ...) are already
implemented. The only thing needed would be a control structure to
control the order in which each news element would appear and in what
time span.

Ro