[Typo3] Text with Links to different Records: Extension Idea & help needed

Philipp Fleischmann phf at gmx.at
Tue Mar 8 15:26:05 CET 2005

Hi list

On a page I am developing I would like to give the BE USers the possibility to insert content elements that look like this:

Title

General Information Text General Information Text General Information Text General Information Text

Link1 eg to a tt_news record
Link2 eg to a page
Link3 eg to a julle_events_event
Link4 eg to a tt_product

I did not find an extension that allows a thing like this. So I thought I should develop one. But: This is the first time I try to develop an extension. So I immediately bumped into problems. My general idea was to add an additional field to tt_content of the database relation type. Here is already the first problem: how do I restrict this field only to Text w/Image content types? I tried extending the tabel with the extesion kickstarter, and it appears in all content types.
And second: To generate the output, I inserted a Typoscript setup similar to the one of the extension rrzn_pagelinks (also with the kickstarter) - (TS posted below). But: it creates no output.
And, third: since I want to allow links to several different record types, the TS would need to differ between these types, so one could set the proper redirections. How can I achieve this?

Any help appreciated. Especiall I would like to pose the question: Has anybody done a similar extension before which I could simply adapt? I think this would be more promising, provided my low knowledge of both Typo3 extensions and php.

Philipp

## TypoScript added by extension "pf_textwlink"

### <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE:EXT:pf_textwlink/static/typoscript_setup.txt"> BEGIN:

plugin.pf_textwlink = TEXT

plugin.pf_textwlink {

    current = 1

    setCurrent {

                field = tx_pftextwlink_pf_textwlink

                }

    split {

        1 {

          trim=1

          typolink {

              parameter.data = current:1

              target = _self

              }

          wrap = <p class="pf_textwlink">|</p>

         }

        token=,

        cObjNum=1

        }

    }

tt_content.pf_textwlink_pi1 = COA

tt_content.pf_textwlink_pi1 {

    10 = < lib.stdheader

    20 = < plugin.pf_textwlink

    }

### <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE:EXT:rrzn_pagelinks/static/typoscript_setup.txt"> END

- Philipp Fleischmann (slp-web)