[Typo3] Picking up old pages and redirects from an old site (.htaccess)

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Mon Mar 7 04:30:14 CET 2005

I'm hatching a plan to solve this issue. Perhaps it is a good plan and
others will agree or it is not and others will set me straight.

First, in the root, create a redirection to /typ where my T3 setup is.

Then, in /typ, create two types of rules. One rule should direct
arbitrary URLs to places in the T3 object structure. A separate rule
must be created to avoid end slashes in URLs (e.g., /myrule/) because
all of my T3 is at one level. Any other URLs should be funneled through
T3 objects.

The following rules would be placed in my /typ htaccess file after the
usual index.php redirections. I've tested this on another system and
hope it works on my production one.

# the following sets the base root, which is required
# for the redirection in the next rule
RewriteBase     /

# If a URI ends in /, remove it
RewriteRule     ^(.*)/$   $1 [R=permanent]

# Move arbitrary path to a specific  T3 page
# E.g., /mytest to /index.php?johnson
RewriteRule ^johnson/?$    johnson.html [L]