[Typo3] I want 404's !!

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:21:47 CEST 2005

Hello everyone!

I have a problem: I don't get any 404 errors....
Google has some old links of my old website that don't exist, but when I
click them I always get the main page of my new site, no 404 page.
I have realurl installed, but even with it disabled in the Template
record, it doesn't work. The pagenotfound handling part of the
localconf.php is the string READFILE:fileadmin/templates/404.shtml, with a
file in that directory.
.htaccess file with and without ErrorDocument stuff doesn't work, and
neither did the 404[..] extension. It never went to the file I specified,
and didn't work most of the time.
What am I doing wrong? I just want 404's.....

Thanks!

Christoph