[Typo3] Backend admin password

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:28:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 6/22/05, Jeff Segars <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> You can create a new password and insert it into the database but I
> don't think there's any hope for recovering the old password...unless
> you have time to break through the MD5 encryption :)
>
> Just call the MD5 function from the command line (md5 -s mypassword) and
> you'll get a new encryped password.
>
> You can then insert this new password to the be_users table with
> phpmyadmin, through a SQL statement from the command line, or any other
> method that you have direct database access.
>
> I've forgotten the password myself a time or two so I hope that helps :)

A slightly simple solution - if you have access to the install tool -
would be to use the 'Create new admin user' link in the database
analyser section of the install tool. You can create a new user and
access the BE to reset the other user's password, or just delete the
previous user.

The nice thing about this method is that, since you have access to the
file structure on the server, you can always just set the password
value in typo3conf/localconf.php to the md5 hash of some known
password - no mucking around in the database required :-)

-Christopher