[Typo3] unusual single quote ( ' ) error - WAS short content element

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 05:31:29 CEST 2005

Moving to a new thread to better explain problem.

I have a typo3 3.8.0 install on windows with MySQL 4.1.12 and have a
very strange problem.

Whenever I put a single right quote (HTML: "’" ) in one a text
content element, I get the error:

Errors:
102: These fields are not properly updated in database: (bodytext)
Probably value mismatch with fieldtype.

It then cuts the single quote and everything after it out saving only
the content before it.

I can not duplicate this error on my other typo3 3.7.0 install on
redhat linux with MySQL 4.0.22

Another user, Cristopher, was not able to reproduce the error on
either of his installs.

Can anyone suggest a course of action? Where should I look and what
should I change to resolve this issue?

Thanks for all the invaluable help I've received.
Jacob Floyd