[Typo3] Link direct to a back end action such as "Add news record"

paul matthews paul at opensystemsit.com
Thu Jun 23 00:40:37 CEST 2005

Jan Wischnat - schwangau.de wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>

>>Is it possible to link direct to a back end item such as "Add news record"
>>so that a link such as "Submit news" from the front end can drop you
>>straight into the relevant back end Add record page (assuming back end
>>logins have previously been completed).
>

> You can place editpanels in your frontend:
>
> TS-Setup:
> config.admPanel = 1
>
> myEditPanel = COA
> myEditPanel.10 = EDITPANEL
> myEditPanel.10 {
>     allow = toolbar
>     label = Create/Edit Page
> }
> myEditPanel.20 = EDITPANEL
> myEditPanel.20 {
>     allow = new
>     newRecordFromTable = tt_content
>     label = New Content Element
> }
> myEditPanel.30 = EDITPANEL
> myEditPanel.30 {
>     allow = new
>     newRecordFromTable = tt_news
>     label = New News Item
> }
>
> page.10.marks.ADDRECORD < myEditPanel
>
> (make sure your adminPanel is opened and properly configured in user ts
> config for non admin users)
> More Information:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/EDITPANEL and
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsconfig/ADMPANEL/
>
> hth :-)
>
> Jan

Jan,

Superb. That did the trick. Basically I did the things you suggested -

To get basic admin panel working:-

config.admPanel = 1 for the main TS-Setup
addded the following for the be-group TSconfig:-
   admPanel = 1
   admPanel {
enable.edit=1
enable.edit.hide=0
enable.cache=0
enable.info = 0
module.edit.forceDisplayFieldIcons = 1
module.edit.forceDisplayIcons = 1
module.edit.forceNoPopup = 1
hide = 0
}

If any user reading this has problems getting the front-end to reveal
anything other than the pencil icon for a be user or admin (which was
the case for me for a while) click on user administration and check the
settings relating to admPanel reflect those given above. If not and it
says something like hide=1 or admPanel = 0 and you're not sure where
this is set click on DB check->FullSearch and then put in the keyword
"hide" or "admPanel" to see where this is set. The resulting answer can
be clicked on and edited if necessary

To then apply Jan's changes you need to add the marker ###ADDRECORD###
to your html template (global template in my case) and then put the
myEditPanel=COA settings in the Setup section typo template page. I
found for the news records section I needed to add this separately in
the TS setup section for the page where the news records are kept. Again
if your wondering how to do this (as this confused for me a long time),
click on template, then your news records page and it will probably say
something like "No template" , so click on "create an extension
template". This will then bring up a page that allows you to add page
specific TS config information. I am sure there are probably slicker
ways of doing what I have just described on this superb CMS but it
worked for me

Cheers
Paul