[Typo3] My RealURL crisis

Hartmut Plehn plehn at rz.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Jun 17 09:23:04 CEST 2005

Dieter Mayer wrote:

> Hi listmembers,
>
> I ran into a realurl crisis - not my first one with this extension, but
> I'm getting frustrated about it's behaviour.
> First of all, I get the well-known error:
>
> Error. Reason: Segment "blahfasel" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
> expected!
>
> (by the way: if you google for "was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
> expected!" you get more than 15.000! results - so I'm not the only
> frustrated guy ;-] ).
>
> What's the problem? Well, realurl works perfect on the first level of the
> pagetree. If I open every page in the pagetree via the menu all works as
> expected, too.
> But, what if I would like to reach a page in a level deeper than the first
> directly, that hasn't been called via the menu before? Yes, it's error
> time!
>
> Could this be possible, that all pages, that hasn't been opened before via
> a menu entry and cached in this way, are unreachable with realurl
> installed?
>
> Who knows about this problem (yes, a lot of people, I think) and has a
> solution?
> Is this a bug or am I too stupid to do a correct configuration? (yes, I
> read all available manuals and tutorials several times)
>
> If this isn't fixable, is there an alternative to realurl or do I have to
>
> Below there's my configuration, if this may help...

I have exactly the same problem and reported it already several times
without getting any helpful answers (see
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/english-main-list-archive/thread/110113122/).
It's especially harmful for pages that have no link in typo3 pointing to
them at all (yes, I need typo3 pages that are only reached via redirects
and not via a direct link).

Anyway, I found that setting 'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 0 (in init) and
'firstHitPathCache' => 1 (in pagePath) can be used as a workaround.
(Although I am not really happy about the performance decrease that might
happen because of the DecodeCache being disabled.)

Hope this helps
Hartmut