[Typo3] My RealURL crisis
schrade at lineara.de
Fri Jun 17 07:03:30 CEST 2005
Dieter Mayer wrote:
> Hi listmembers,
> I ran into a realurl crisis - not my first one with this extension, but I'm
> getting frustrated about it's behaviour.
> First of all, I get the well-known error:
> Error. Reason: Segment "blahfasel" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
> (by the way: if you google for "was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
> expected!" you get more than 15.000! results - so I'm not the only
> frustrated guy ;-] ).
> What's the problem? Well, realurl works perfect on the first level of the
> pagetree. If I open every page in the pagetree via the menu all works as
> expected, too.
> But, what if I would like to reach a page in a level deeper than the first
> directly, that hasn't been called via the menu before? Yes, it's error time!
> Could this be possible, that all pages, that hasn't been opened before via a
> menu entry and cached in this way, are unreachable with realurl installed?
> Who knows about this problem (yes, a lot of people, I think) and has a
> Is this a bug or am I too stupid to do a correct configuration? (yes, I read
> all available manuals and tutorials several times)
> If this isn't fixable, is there an alternative to realurl or do I have to go
> back to simulate static documents?
> Below there's my configuration, if this may help...
> Thank you all,
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array(
> '_DEFAULT' => array(
> 'init' => array(
> 'enableCHashCache' => 1,
> 'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
> 'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
> 'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1,
some weeks ago I had a problem with RealURL when I migrated a static
site that had been "on air" since 1999 to TYPO3. The problem occured
with Google et all., who had lots of old pagepaths of the former static
site in their cache. So if somebody googled, chances were that they came
to the site via a now "nonexistent" pagepath and *bang* - postVarSet
To my knowledge, if you've postVarSets enabled, RealURL tries to match
any incoming URL sections after the base-url with the given set of
parameters in the postVarSet array. If there's no match, that's it... I
After some searching I found out thay you can at least avoid the error
'postVarSet_failureMode' => 'redirect_goodUpperDir',
in the init-array.
This is not a direct answer to your question but it might help. Maybe
somebody else can give additional and "enlightening" information... ;-)
cheer up and have a nice day,
More information about the TYPO3-english