[Typo3] My RealURL crisis

Dieter Mayer dieter_mayer at gmx.net
Fri Jun 17 00:04:59 CEST 2005

Hi listmembers,

I ran into a realurl crisis - not my first one with this extension, but I'm
getting frustrated about it's behaviour.
First of all, I get the well-known error:

Error. Reason: Segment "blahfasel" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
expected!

(by the way: if you google for "was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
expected!" you get more than 15.000! results - so I'm not the only
frustrated guy ;-] ).

What's the problem? Well, realurl works perfect on the first level of the
pagetree. If I open every page in the pagetree via the menu all works as
expected, too.
But, what if I would like to reach a page in a level deeper than the first
directly, that hasn't been called via the menu before? Yes, it's error time!

Could this be possible, that all pages, that hasn't been opened before via a
menu entry and cached in this way, are unreachable with realurl installed?

Who knows about this problem (yes, a lot of people, I think) and has a
solution?
Is this a bug or am I too stupid to do a correct configuration? (yes, I read
all available manuals and tutorials several times)

If this isn't fixable, is there an alternative to realurl or do I have to go
back to simulate static documents?

Below there's my configuration, if this may help...

Thank you all,
Dieter

-----
(hope, this doesn't look too ugly)

(.htaccess)
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php
RewriteRule home.* index.php

(SETUP)
baseURL = 1
simulateStaticDocuments = 0
tx_realurl_enable = 1
prefixLocalAnchors = all

(localconf.php)
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tstemplate.php']['linkData
-PostProc'][] = 'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl.php:&tx_realurl->encodeSpURL';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_fe.php']['checkAlternative
IdMethods-PostProc'][] =
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl.php:&tx_realurl->decodeSpURL';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['clearAllCac
he_additionalTables']['tx_realurl_urldecodecache'] =
'tx_realurl_urldecodecache';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['clearAllCac
he_additionalTables']['tx_realurl_urlencodecache'] =
'tx_realurl_urlencodecache';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['addRootLineFields'].= ',tx_realurl_pathsegment';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array(
	'_DEFAULT' => array(
		'init' => array(
			'enableCHashCache' => 1,
            'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
            'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
            'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1,
        ),
        'redirects' => array(),
        'preVars' => array(
            array(
				'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
                'valueMap' => array(
					'nc' => 1,
                ),
                'noMatch' => 'bypass',
            ),
            array(
				'GETvar' => 'L',
                'valueMap' => array(
					'de' => '1',
                    'en' => '2',
                ),
                'noMatch' => 'bypass',
            ),
        ),
        'pagePath' => array(
			'type' => 'user',
            'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
            'spaceCharacter' => '_',
            'languageGetVar' => 'L',
            'expireDays' => 3,
        ),
        'fixedPostVars' => array(),
        'postVarSets' => array(
			'_DEFAULT' => array(
                // dm Addr Edit Modus
                'func' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_dmaddredit_pi1[mode]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // dm Addr Edit
                'mod' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_dmaddredit_pi1[modifier]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // dm Addr Edit Wert
                'value' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_dmaddredit_pi1[value]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // dm Addr Edit Pointer
                'pt' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_dmaddredit_pi1[pointer]',
                        ),
                    ),
				// news archive parameters
                'archiv' => array(
                    array(
                        'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[year]' ,
                        ),
                	array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[month]' ,
					   	'valueMap' => array(
							'januar' => '01',
                    		'februar' => '02',
							'maerz' => '03',
							'april' => '04',
							'mai' => '05',
							'juni' => '06',
							'juli' => '07',
							'august' => '08',
							'september' => '09',
							'oktober' => '10',
							'november' => '11',
							'dezember' => '12',
						   	)
                        ),
                    ),
                // news pagebrowser
                'browse' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[pointer]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // news categories
                'kategorie' => array (
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[cat]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // news backPid
                'bid' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[backPid]',
                        ),
                    ),
                // news articles and searchwords
                'artikel' => array(
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
                        'lookUpTable' => array(
							'table' =>
'tt_news',
                            'id_field' => 'uid',
                            'alias_field' => 'title',
                            'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
                            'useUniqueCache' => 1,
                            'useUniqueCache_conf' => array(
								'strtolower'
=> 1,
                                'spaceCharacter' => '_',
                                ),
                            ),
                        ),
                    array(
						'GETvar' =>
'tx_ttnews[swords]',
                        ),
                    ),
                ),
            ),
		// configure filenames for different pagetypes
        'fileName' => array(
			'index' => array(
				'rss.xml' => array(
					'keyValues' => array(