[Typo3] Random Automatic Logoff

Ryan Sanders ryan at iclei.org
Thu Jun 16 23:40:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has had some experience with a problem I have had during the past few weeks.

Currently we have about 10 content contributors working on our Typo3 server.  Regularly there are no more than 3 working on Typo3 at a time.  Throught the day we will all be able to work just fine, but at times everyone in the system gets logged off, and they are given a screen that shows:

No user logged in! Sorry, I can't proceed then!

Often there will be a period of about ten minutes where everyone logged inot the backend of the Typo3 server  will get automatically logged off.  Then people will log back in, and then a few seconds after the log in, we all get logged off again.  We have two users on IE, one on safari, and I believe the rest are all firefox, but it does not matter who it is, or what browser they are using, we all get logged off.  Everyone here has a static IP, and the server is on the local subnet.

I have found that each computer does indeed have the be_typo_user cookie on their computer, even after being logged off.  I have also found that after log off, their session information is removed from the be_sessions table, but I am not sure why (I could submit the queries that are being run on MySQL if it would help).

I have increased the timout to 36000, so that a session should not expire for at least 10 hours, but the result is still the same.

During the past couple of weeks, I have been scouring the mailing list, and the internet for a solution, but I have found no real solid answers.  Someone mentioned that I should upgrade to 3.8.0 (from 3.7.0) which I did, but the result is still the same.

For the sake of information, both the Typo3 server and the Database server are running Mandrake 10.1.  PHP 4.3.8, APACHE: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.50, MySQL 4.0.20

help :)

- Ryan Sanders