[Typo3] 2 or 3 level horizontal menu

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jun 14 15:41:31 CEST 2005

Jane Larsen wrote:
> I would like to make a 2 or 3 level horizontal menu where The 2nd (and 3rd
> if needed) level items will fold out relative to the 1st level...
>
> The menus I have been able to create has an absolute positioning which is
> fine until you center you template (at least in my case).

DON'T set yourself the positioning - let this task COMPLETELY to Typo3!
Just put markers or corresponding id-attribute and define ONLY
TypoScript template for the menu.
If you add to the HTML position:absolute yourself the result is
certainly incorrect!

> I gave a go at mcuniverse's menu example but had no luck displaying
> anything, which is no good in menus :o)
>
> So are there any examples around I can look at or some documentation
> specifics?
>
> //Jane Larsen

The default JavaScript has problems with some browsers. I recommend to
alter it.

Tapio Markula