[Typo3] ImageMagick and safemode problem solved - need patch

Max Lillack moxer at gmx.net
Thu Jun 9 17:59:05 CEST 2005

Max Lillack wrote:
> Peter Russ wrote:
>
>>Max Lillack wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>when I turn safemode on, Imagemagick will not be recognized even when it
>>>is located in safe_mode_exec_dir.
>>>With the help of the php-mailinglist I figured out that you have to use
>>>another syntax:
>>>
>>>safemode = off: exec(d:/ImageMagick/convert.exe);
>>>safemode = on: exec(convert.exe);
>>>
>>>Because of the safe_mode_exec_dir setting PHP knows the path and just
>>>needs the filename as parameter.
>>>If safemode is on Typo3 still takes the path and the filename.
>>>
>>>I took the part of the Install tool where ImageMagick is searched and
>>>removed the path. IM is now recognized.
>>>The safemode setting is already read by Typo3. Now there must be some
>>>switch which make every imagemanipulating function use just the filename
>>>and not the path if safemode is on.
>>>
>>>This is to big for me. I hope someone else who knows how and where Typo3
>>>uses Imagemagick can write a patch.
>>>
>>>Max
>>
>>Hallo Max,
>>
>>we are using symlinks in safe_mode_exec_dirs to allowed bins in safemode
>>and have no problems with TYPO3 getting e.g. convert automatically.
>>Wihich version of TYPO3 do you run?
>>
>>Regs. Peter.
>

> Great, symlink works perfect. Never heard of this before.
> I only use windows for testing.
>
> Thanks
>
> Max

Unfortunately IM is not working. I seems that the old IM files outside
the exec_dir are recognized by the install tool but this was only a
weird phenomenom and they will disappear when I save the settings.

I wonder if I really need symlinks because ImageMagick is already inside
the safe_mode_exec_dir. Does ist make sense to point from for example
the home directory to the exec_dir?

I have Typo3 3.7.0 on Unix/Solaris

Max