[Typo3] Problem with 3.8.0 and 1and1 hosting

Gerri Tomlinson gerri at tomlinson.uk.net
Thu Jun 9 17:59:37 CEST 2005

Hi Joe,

I have exactly the same problem with 1&1.  The problem with shared hosting
is there are no apache error logs for troubleshooting purposes.  My problem
has occurred (using 3.7 and 3.8) since they upgraded my cgi permissions.
They upgraded them in an effort to fix some other 500 errors I was getting
when trying to view or list a page in the backend.  Those problems magically
went away  - it was really spooky, I just clicked lots of buttons in
frustration and it started working on some installations! on other installs
I upgraded to 3.8, (must've been the way I shook the chicken bones that
morning before turning on the 'puter - pure voodoo!!) :-)

Anyway, I asked them to reduce the cgi perms and it's made no difference.
Like you said, it's not show stopping, just annoying.

Sorry I can't help but thought I'd let you know there are others "out there"
who share your woes!  :-)

Take care

Gerri