[Typo3] Problem with 3.8.0 and 1and1 hosting

Joseph Mesterhazy jmesterh at iastate.edu
Thu Jun 9 17:40:07 CEST 2005

Hello all,

Although this question is specific to 1and1.com hosting, I think
there are many people here who are using this host who may know the
answer to my problem (or are having the same problem.)

I have Typo3 3.8.0 up and running on a 1and1 host, and everything is
working great except for the extension repository. If I leave the
'look up' field blank and click 'Connect to online repository' I get
a Server 500 error. But if I enter the name of a extension, it works
fine. I don't know how to debug this, because 1and1 says to debug 500
errors, you need to typo in the full path to the script and its
arguments... but this is a form submission so I'm not sure how to
replicate that there.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and know how to work around it? It's
not a show stopper, but its annoying to not be able to see all my
current extensions compared to the ones on the TER.

Thanks!

Joe

--
Joe Mesterhazy