[Typo3] change order of records in dropdown (BE)

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Thu Jun 9 10:22:03 CEST 2005

Hi Pieter,

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do, I think you need to
modify the tca.php file for your extension.

Find where the columns are specified for "show" and then find the column you
store the location in and modify the foreign_table_where value.

Here's an example...

"location_id" => Array (
            "exclude" => 1,
            //snipped
                "foreign_table" => "user_yourextension_location",
                "foreign_table_where" => "ORDER BY
user_yourextension_location.name",    // <------- sorting
                "size" => 1,
//snipped - etc etc