[Typo3] Pic duplication using Flexforms

Harald Klotzberg [decomplex audio HQ] harry at decomplexaudio.com
Wed Jun 8 15:53:32 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard,

thanx for your reply. Ok its a default T3 behaviour. Accepted :)
I changed the Path in DS to my fileadmin, so i have all the _01.gif files
listed there as well. As i have it declared as Fixed W+H its a GIFBUILDER
Object and dynamically done again and stored to a tmp folder as well,
that means if i use header1.gif in 10 pages there are 10 _xx.gif files
+ 10 dynamic files as well. not so performant i guess, isn't it ?????

> This is mostly so because files belonging to the same File-select-box have
to be in the
> same directory ...

It isn´t so cleared to my why T3 does that this kind.
Why T3 needs a image n-times stored which is exactly the same ?
thanx & greetz

Harald

Harald Klotzberg [decomplex audio HQ] wrote:

> I have graphical Headers as ImageField, Fixed W+H Element in TemplaVoila.
> If i add a Image in the Page Header, Typo always add a _01.gif
> at the End and duplicate the gfx in fileadmin directory.
> If i add a Image as normal Content Element, everything is ok,
> no duplication then!

If you select a file from the fileadmin in a file-select-box then it will be
copied
over to the respective directory in the "/uploads" directory of the TYPO3
root ..

this can't be worked around ... it's default T3 behaviour ...

This is mostly so because files belonging to the same File-select-box have
to be in the
same directory ...

greets,
Bernhard