[Typo3] Preserving <p> tags in HTMLAREA RTE

Jason Lefkowitz jlefkowitz at oceana.org
Tue Jun 7 00:52:09 CEST 2005

Hey everyone...

I've been hacking away on a simple extension for a project I'm working on, and so far it's been easier than I expected!  However, I have run into one stumbling block.  I have defined one field in my data table to be filled-in using the RTE -- i'm using HTMLAREA, not the stock RTE, if that matters -- and when users enter content into this field via the RTE, the <p> tags surrounding their paragraphs are being discarded.  Then, when the content is called up later for display, it looks like a big run-on paragraph.

thanks in advance!

- Jason Lefkowitz (jlefkowitz)