[Typo3] Preserving <p> tags in HTMLAREA RTE

Pieter pieter_v at telenet.be
Tue Jun 7 22:56:42 CEST 2005

Jason Lefkowitz wrote:

>Hey everyone...
>
>I've been hacking away on a simple extension for a project I'm working on, and so far it's been easier than I expected!  However, I have run into one stumbling block.  I have defined one field in my data table to be filled-in using the RTE -- i'm using HTMLAREA, not the stock RTE, if that matters -- and when users enter content into this field via the RTE, the <p> tags surrounding their paragraphs are being discarded.  Then, when the content is called up later for display, it looks like a big run-on paragraph.

>thanks in advance!
>
>- Jason Lefkowitz (jlefkowitz)

I have been struggling with more or less the same problem.  The
transformations from the RTE (classic or HtmlArea) give problems as soon
as tables in the RTE become a little more complex.  I see only one
solution:  Typo3 has a content element "HTML".  The text from this HTML
content element is stored into the database without any transformation.
Why not use the content type "HTML" instead of the content type "Text"
and enable the htmlArea editor for "HTML" .

I don't have the Typo3 knowledge to actually do this, so it's been only
an idea up to now.  It would be a new extension (I think) that enables
htmlArea for the HTML content element.

Best regards,
Pieter