[Typo3] photobook testers wanted.

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 3 10:21:08 CEST 2005

>> Since we are using our own "mastercontent" instead of
>> content(default) or CSS-styled-content it was just a missing entry
>> in the "list" section that is handling the plugins.
>
> Can you explain this?

Well - content(default) is buggy regarding XHTML and CSS.
CSS-styled-content is buggy regarding valid XHTML and CSS and missing some
elements.
Both do things in a way we don't really like.
Since they are both just concepts of how things can be done using
TypoScript, we created our own TS-template "mastercontent" and included this
instead of the other two.
Since "mastercontent" is no static template, it seems that it was not
updated during the installation of fotoboek.
So the entry "tt_content.list.20.goof_fotoboek_pi1 <
plugin.tx_gooffotoboek_pi1" has been missing that would have been in there
with content(default) and CSS-styled-content.

I found this out by testing the extension on a second system. This was
running 3.7.0.
After downgrading the first system from 3.8.0 to 3.7.0 still refused to run,
so the problem had to be something else.
The only difference was that we don't run content(default) or
CSS-styled-content on this system.
So we did an upgrade to 3.8 again, included content(default) for the page
running fotoboek as an ext Template, installed the extension and it worked
fine.
Removing content(default) and inserting the line manually to our
"mastercontent" finally did the trick.

BTW:
Cool Extension - once you got it running, it's very easy to handle. I like
the watermark features.
But one question left: How would you solve the problem that only logged in
FE-users should be able to download the original images?
I know you inserted a parameter to prevent linking to the original for users
not logged in. But this will still leave the possibility to access the image
directly, if you know the path.
I thought of something like "click-enlarge" to the original size without
caching the images, while putting the originals into a secure folder.
Possible? - And if so: How?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau