[Typo3] Using TYPO3's FE_Users to control httpd access on subdomains

Kevin Segraves kevin at pmt.net
Thu Jun 2 21:31:43 CEST 2005

Hello,

Two questions if you don't mind..One simple, and one that I am not even sure
where to start.

1.	I can't seem to figure out how to have some pages appear as
subdirectories in the url address.  For example instead of having all pages
displaying from the root (http://typo.org/index.php?id=15" , I'd like have
some labeled as http://typo.org/news/

2.  I have a main site where I've installed TYPO3 (ie. www.mydomain.com).  I
also have several sub-domains (ie. stats.mydomain.com, help.mydomain.com)
that contain documents, files, and static HTML pages.  I would like to use
TYPO3's FE_User groups to control my httpd access privileges but don't even
know where to start for documentation - or what apache/mysql/php module to
use.

I'm running a Redhat 9.0 distribution on an in-house server.

I don't expect someone to give me a step-by-step tutorial, but if you could
point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.