[Typo3] Script and USER

Chris Van Pelt vanpelt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:52:08 CEST 2005

In reference to this discussion about the script content element:

In templates, typoscript, and beyond Kasper explains the use of the
script element http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_frontend/The_quot_Script_quo/?encryptionKey=&cHash=aa92b95e8a.
 This can also be found in quite a few other places.  According to the
above discussion, the script element has been deprecated.  How do you
use custom functions, passing them parameters, on different pages.
The php plugin is too messy for me (not scalable), yet I want the
flexibility of Kasper's example.  I use Templa Voila, so I know I
could create some flexible content with typoscript elements in it.
Would I have to make a new template object (Not templa voilas
templates) for every page that used one of my custom scripts?  I just
don't know of a good place to look on how to do this.  I also read
somewhere that PHP_SCRIPT was deprecated, yet there are allot of
examples using it.  I'm just a little confused, can anyone help?

Thanks,
Chris