[Typo3] tempavoila and custom processing

Sami Ben-yahia sittinggoat at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:07:08 CEST 2005

> you will have to create a TS Object Path field in the TV Mapper and map it
> to the area where you would like to have your shared content.
>
> then set the TS object path to someting like
> lib.shared_content
> and assign in your TS:
>
> lib.shared_content < styles.content.getShared

A "pipe" is a good idea, I'm certain it can works rapidly. But before I'll dig more the hook possibility and stop with a solution or a
headache, not only to come with a "user friendly" way to share content for a branch but also I'd like to understand more templavoila.

> First of all I have to say: I hate flash. Have a look at
> http://play.think-open.org/
> Done completly without flash. (I mean the Games)

I just spend an hour playing mahjong and never wined... I agree no need for flash to do some "user Xperience"
They opened a little, expecting the "community" to do all the work, and locked the server side connectivity expecting to sale their
"Xpensive" stuff.
But if you need to display vector graphics you do not have choice.
+ there is an opening with the community work (some did it) + since few years they decided to respect some standards (kind of)
I wrote a book on Flash 5 for ENI editions but that's an other story.
Svg and Smil are far to be really usable, i hope that will be an other story for 3D...

> ---------------------------snip---------------------
> includeLibs.kbfunc = fileadmin/kbfunc.php
>
> subparts.xmlcontent = RECORDS
> subparts.xmlcontent.source.postUserFunc = user_kbfunc->getPageFlexValue
> subparts.xmlcontent.source.postUserFunc.field = field_content
> subparts.xmlcontent.tables = tt_content

if we analyze the process :

data[sql]-query->data[array ?]->parser->output
             |			  |
           flexform              [flexform or tempatefile or html in extension or a mix]

ok there is a cache system, but i believe getting the data at the query will improve rapidity. Again I'll look into templavoila until
brain boiling and your solution is a lot more healthy alternative.

Sami