[Typo3] Pass value via PHP to extension?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Jul 29 10:50:13 CEST 2005

Matthias Taugwalder wrote:

>>That would do the trick to indeed...
>>I personally hate to have my TS code spread across my site
>>because O won't have any overview on it anymore..... It's
>>just personall I guess.
>>

>The problem is that the key pairs for the database select query can be on
>more pages the same. So, a seperation of parameters and code is cleaner than
>hard coding it...
>
>However, I'm still working it...
>
>The setting of the parameters doesn't seem to be a problem, but accessing
>them via PHP. I can't find the typoscript parameters or parts of the
>typoscript object tree in the different GLOBALS arrays which can be read
>from PHP.
>
>Strange... Has anyone this tried before?

It should work ok IF you use the conditions on pageID.
We don't use it on pageID but on what we find the in the keywords field,
hence we can put it into one file we include.
Also, our editors don't like to do anything with typoscript (tried
that.... didn't work).

You page based config can be founf in $conf of main(...)?

Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/