[Typo3] Links and RTE in a complicated scenario

Jan Slusarczyk janslu at grupaiis.pl
Thu Jul 28 17:34:30 CEST 2005

Help... I'm stuck and wondering around in circles... I probably miss a
few fundamental lessons but I really went through the docs/groups/google
and found nothing.

I have a few of my own extensions to display records from existing
database, tt_news used heavily and normal text conents. All of this in 3
languages. Editors need to link from tt_news articles and my own
extensions (with RTE fields) to another tt_news articles or records from
another extensions. I have told them initially to copy the full url from
a browser and insert this as an external link in rte but that doesn't
always work (same domain URL tranformations deletes part of the URL, &
is converted to & etc).

At the moment my own extensions doesn't display RTE inserted links at FE
at all, but this was asked as separate topic.

I thought of creating hidden externalURL links as pages and linking them
through RTE but it seems like a dead end if we need many links...

Is there any way to help my editors find the proper record they need and
insert the link to a page and a specific record in RTE?

Jan