[Typo3] Converting static site into Typo 3

Matt Mucklo mmucklo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 19:51:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

Newbie converting a static site to typo3.  I have a number of questions.
I've been following the MTB tutorial, which has been a bit tough to be
honest.  Here's what I'm trying to replicate:

Top: Static Page Header (Graphic Logo)
-----------------------------------
Menu
-----------------------------------
Static         |         Dynamic
News        |          Page
Content     |          Content
(sidebar)   |           (content)
-----------------------------------
Menu #2 (to other parts of the site)
-----------------------------------

I've successfully got the Top menu working and the Dynamic Page Content
(with a few glitches, which I will ask below),
however how do I specify static news sidebar content to be editable via
Typo3?.

I've tried using the 'Left' Page content, but that appears to be dynamic
across each page.
(e.g. I put "sidebar = styles.content.getLeft") but I have to then add that
content on each page.

Secondly, how do I add a second menu to a different part of the site (all
dynamic, using the same html template, but not under the same heirarchy as
the top Menu)?

Thirdly, in the menus, how do I specify an element to appear, but not be
clickable (e.g. just be a menu heading with out having a page attached to
it)  e.g.:

The menu I have looks similar in structure to:

Item 1
Item 2
Heading 3 (should not be clickable)
    Subitem 1
    Subitem 2
Item 3
Item 4
Heading 5 (should not be clickable)
    Subitem 3
    Subitem 4

Currently I have a page for each heading and the subitems are sub pages
under those headings.  However when I click it goes to the page...

Lastly, is there any way to have the Rich Text Editor output CSS code
instead of <font> tags?

Oh, and also - what's the best way to store a PDF file within Typo3 and make
it accessible via a link on the site?  We want to be able to upload a pdf
copy of our newsletter each month and swap it out from month to month.

--
Matthew J. Mucklo
mmucklo at yahoo.com